Friday, March 18, 2011

Every Rose Has Its Thorn ... Blogophilia 4.2

 

bonus points
(hard, 2 points): Use a line from William Blake's Auguries of Innocence
(easy, 1 point): include the brand name of an automobile
Final day to post: March 30th, midnight GMT.

clip_image001

My guesses;

Topic - Kismet

Picture - Irene

What it means- walking on eggshells, I have met a lot of hardboiled eggs in my time, but you're twenty minutes.”, It serves me right for putting all my eggs in one bastard.”, “Love and eggs are best when they are fresh”, “'Tis the part of a wise man to keep himself today for tomorrow, and not venture all his eggs in one basket.”, "Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold -- but so does a hard-boiled egg.”, “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked”, “The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.”, "You can't make an omelet without first breaking some eggs."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A truth that's told with bad intent

Beats all the lies you can invent.

-William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

That was my X. He had no problem telling me the truth, especially if he knew the truth would be like driving a stake through my heart. A good example of this was he told me, "I love you, but you are not number one in my life. Photography is number one, followed by my Mopar Muscle car collection - the Challenger, the Cuda, the Charger and the Roadrunner, my radio controlled boat, my Travis Bean aluminum neck through koa wood body bass guitar and then you."

At least he was honest, but that did nothing to stop the pain he caused my heart. In a lot of ways, his honesty hurt more than the beatings. When your heart hurts, what is a couple bruises?

Let me tell you a little story.

There was this guy. Let’s call him Simon. Simon is a quite handsome guy. A lot of women were interested in him and wanted to meet him. As he was a professional Rock Photographer. He sure was enthusiastic about that, the only problem was: he didn’t know how to tell them he was in a relationship.

So, he slept around a lot. Take their numbers and never call them again.(Unless they said they would pay for his photo's of a band, or a portfolio of themselves)
Excuses, apparently.

When he met this one girl, she liked him very much, took the initiative and won him over. Although she wasn’t his type, he gave in. He knew she cared for him, because he met her before his photo's caught the eye of a National Rock Magazine.

Now comes the part where they lived happily ever after. Or not?

Yeah, you guessed it: he struggled with the relationship, always looking for something better to come his way, didn’t take care of her. Told her hurtful things, occasionally raised his fist to her. In short: he did everything to scare her away. Eventually it wasn’t his idea of a relationship he told himself. But she loved him and did everything to sustain their relationship.

Now comes the interesting part: the moment he was pleased with their relationship, actually almost started to love her, as she had stuck with him through 7 years, and a car accident. But then she shocked him by leaving him (after he beat her bloody one night, when she told him that she was not happy).

Shocked? Or did you see it coming?
Poison- Every Rose Has It's Thorn


Poison- Every Rose Has It's Thorn

Poisoned 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Myspace Video

We both lie silently still
In the dead of the night
Although we both lie close together
We feel miles apart inside
Was it something I said or something I did
Did my words not come out right
Though I tried not to hurt you
Though I tried
But I guess that's why they say
Every rose has it's thorn
Just like every night has it's dawn
Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song
Every rose has it's thorn
Yeah it does
I listen to our favorite song
Playing on the radio
Hear the DJ say love's a game of easy come and
Easy go
But I wonder does he know
Has he ever felt like this
And I know that you'd be here right now
If I could have let you know somehow
I guess
Every rose has it's thorn
Just like every night has it's dawn
Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song
Every rose has it's thorn
Though it's been a while now
I can still feel so much pain
Like a knife that cuts you the wound heals
But the scar, that scar remains
Solo
I know I could have saved a love that night
If I'd known what to say
Instead of makin' love
We both made our separate ways
But now I hear you found somebody new
And that I never meant that much to you
To hear that tears me up inside
And to see you cuts me like a knife
I guess
Every rose has it's thorn
Just like every night has it's dawn
Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song
Every rose has it's thorn

Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn (2001 Digital Remaster) Capitol USA (catalog) (P) 2005 Capitol Records, Inc.. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is a violation of applicable laws. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment