Friday, March 18, 2011

Enter at your own risk! - blogophilia entry

 

(hard, 2pts): incorporate a French maid costume
(easy, 1pt): use a euphemism **A euphemism is a substitution of an agreeable or less offensive expression in place of one that may offend or suggest something unpleasant to the listener**
Final day to post: March 23rd midnight GMT
clip_image001
Please highlight or otherwise point out your bonus points attempts. Don't forget to guess who picked the topic and the bonus picture as well as guessing the bonus secret word or phrase for a chance at more points. Send in your topic, bonus point suggestions and bonus picture for next week after you post your blog!
My Guesses;
Topic - Gerard
Picture - Ckarkster
Meaning - break a leg, about face, Grind, hope floats, anti-gravity
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a Love/Hate relationship with Haunted Houses. I have no problem with the scariest of movies, or blood (I worked Emergency Room for many years). But the act of someone jumping out at me, just freaks the crap out of me! I talked my current husband into taking me into 2 haunted house in the ten years we have been married. Both times I ended up dislocating his thumb, when a scary monster jumped out at me.
Let me take you back to Austin Texas, Halloween night 1989. at a place called
A Nightmare on 5th Street (Now known as the "Nightmare Factory"). The sign on the door said "Enter at your own Risk". I was dressed in a cute little French Maid Costume, clip_image002He was dressed as his favorite drink, a giant beer can. clip_image003
We had been doing the usual Austin Texas 6th street wandering (for those of you that have never been there, it is much like Beale Street in Memphis or Bourbon street in New Orleans. You go down the street loaded with bars, partying the whole way, mingle with others on the street and have a wonderful time). So we were quite loaded, and having a good Ole time. Mike saw the sign for the haunted house and wanted to go. I tried to warn him that taking me through a haunted house probably was not a good idea, but he knew that scary movies and blood did not bother me...so off we go.
Needless to say, when the first monster that jumped out at us, I let loose a blood curdling scream! Mike jumped about a foot in the air and said something like "Jumpin'' Jehoshaphat!"
I am pretty sure those monsters have some sort of walkie talkies to let the next one in line know that they have a "Live one" coming there way. So they do things like not only jump out at you, but stalk you around corners, while brandishing chainsaws at your head!
By the time I was through that haunted house, I had broken the handle of my feather duster, Mike's hand was swollen up and I was hoarse from screaming! I ended up totally losing my voice by the next day!
Like a child, when it was over, I wanted to do it again!....but alas, Mike would NOT take me again. Funny, no one ever wants me to go back through a haunted house with them a second time....except for the Monsters that jump out...They LOVE for me to come back…..

No comments:

Post a Comment